These are tips that won’t cost a lot but can make a big difference on how quickly your home will sell. It is amazing how just a little attention to the details will add that special appeal that the buyer is looking for!
Before your agent arrives:
So that you are best prepared to meet with your agent when they arrive for your appointment, it is helpful to everyone and saves you time if you have a few items together. If you’re not sure about something, ask your Carol Pyfrom Realty agent. They are ready to help you!
- Square footage measurement of your home. This is conveniently located on an appraisal or documents from when you purchased your home.
- Copy of survey
- The most current copy of your neighborhood’s covenants and restrictions.
- List of all utilities
- Mortgage information
- A completed SC Residential Property Condition Disclosure Statement
Clean up the outside:
- Curb appeal is the first impression of all homes for sale. Keeping the grass cut and the entry area tidy will help make a great first impression.
- Improve your curb appeal with landscaping, trimming bushes and trees, maintain grass.
- Paint or wash the exterior of the house including window casings, shutters, and doors.
- Wash the windows inside and out.
- Have driveways and sidewalks pressure washed.
- Check the gutters and chimney.
Touch up the interior:
- Put a fresh coat of paint in the most used areas of the home. This will clean as well as brighten up the rooms. Use neutral colors.
- Wash the walls where paint is not appropriate.
- Shampoo dirty carpets. Consider replacing the carpet if it is worn.
- Get rid of clutter. Clean out your closets, garage, basement and attic. Use self storage if necessary.
- Replace air filters.
Replace bathroom and kitchen fixtures that are worn or leaking:
- Clean sells! Clean your kitchen and bathrooms from top to bottom.
- People will notice a leaking or worn-out faucet. By replacing these items, you will give a new look to the room.
- Clean under the sinks. If there are any leaks, fix them.
Get rid of any bad smells in your home:
- Pay attention to pet, cigarette, or strong food odors.
- Place gentle fragrances around the house.
- On the day you’re expecting a potential buyer, pop a batch of frozen cinnamon rolls, home-made bread, or cookies into the oven for a great aroma.
Tips and tricks:
- Busy patterns do not photograph as well as solids. Consider updating bedspreads.
- Increase wattage of light bulbs and always have lights on for showings.
- Ask us about having your home professionally staged to get the best look for your home.
- For suggestions specific to your home or property, call an experienced professional agent at Carol Pyfrom Realty!